Our love for the sea and its creatures — combined with our passion for delicious food — inspired us to found Good Catch.
At Good Catch, we:
- Believe plant-based foods can feed and help save the world.
- Revere the Earth, its oceans, its creatures, and its precious resources.
- Strive to treat all beings with kindness and respect.
- Value the joy of eating well and delight in sharing delicious plant-based meals with others.
- Take our work seriously but don't take ourselves seriously.
- Make plant-based foods for everyone, from vegan to omnivore and everything in between. We don't discriminate.
"With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea".
– Sylvia Earle, oceanographer and explorer
Our founding chefs, Chad and Derek Sarno are the masterminds behind the blog Wicked Healthy and The Wicked Healthy Cookbook, which guides readers to a healthier, plant-based lifestyle. They are brothers and culinary ninjas that have each power-cooked their way to the top of the food chain in their respective positions. Self-professed plant pushers, Chad and Derek are pioneers in moving plant-based eating to the mainstream.
CHAD SARNO is Senior VP of Culinary Innovation at Good Catch. He has launched plant-based restaurants in Istanbul, Munich, London and Belgrade and served as VP of Plant-Based Education at Rouxbe Cooking School. Prior to that, Chad was the Global Wellness Coordinator, Media Spokesperson and R&D Chef for Whole Foods Market. He’s contributed to numerous recipe books and co-authored The New York Times best-seller Crazy Sexy Kitchen, The Wicked Healthy Cookbook and The Whole Foods Cookbook.
DEREK SARNO is the Executive Chef and Director of Plant-Based Innovation for Tesco in the U.K. providing culinary leadership to the third largest food retailer in the world. He also leads the charge behind the Wicked Kitchen line of products and cheap drugs. Derek served as the Senior Global Chef & Culinary Educator at Whole Foods Market for six years (where he also created the sizzling Ninja Squirrel Sriracha). He’s been the chef and farmer for an international Tibetan Buddhist monastery, a successful restaurateur, vegan organic farmer, educator and evangelist for plant-forward cuisine. Derek has worked with top food brands including Gardein, Beyond Meat, Follow Your Heart, Hampton Creek and Miyoko’s Kitchen. Derek is co-author of The Wicked Healthy Cookbook and The Whole Foods Cookbook with his brother Chad.