Recipe courtesy of Maria / @foodbymaria
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly rub sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly dust with 1 teaspoon salt. Poke 4 holes in each potato with a small knife. Wrap each with foil and bake for at least 80 minutes, until very soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat for 30 seconds, then add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in curry powders, paprika, cumin and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Increase heat to high and add the cashew milk. Bring mixture to a boil, add plant-based tuna and simmer on low for 5-6 minutes. Turn off heat, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Once potatoes are baked and are cool enough to handle, gently slice open and press down on both sides of the cut to create a well for stuffing.
- Dust each potato with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Fill each potato with curried tuna and top with green onion, olive oil and cilantro.
- The longer you roast the potatoes, the better. Be patient and don’t rush the process!
- Stuffing will last stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.