2 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, diced
5 ribs of celery, diced
6 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
1 tablespoon thyme, minced
½ teaspoon chile flakes, or less depending on your heat level
8 cups vegetable stock
2 cups cooked white beans, canned or pre-cooked and drained
2 pouches Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
3 cups baby spinach
1 tablespoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup parsley
Olive oil, for finishing
Fresh or grilled rustic baguette, to accompany soup
- On low to medium heat in a heavy bottom soup pot, add the oil followed by the onions to begin to sweat for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the celery, garlic, thyme and chile flakes and continue to sweat for an additional 8-10 minutes until onion and garlic is translucent, stirring occasionally to ensure there is no burning.
- Add vegetable stock, put on the lid and bring to a simmer, and put on low heat.
- Add beans and fish-free tuna and allow to simmer, with the cover off on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Add the spinach and parsley. Remove from heat and place lid back on.
- To serve, ladle a generous amount of soup in each bowl, finishing with a drizzle of olive oil and serve with your favorite crusty bread.