Recipe courtesy of Desirée / @icanyoucanvegan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine butternut squash with a few drizzles of olive oil and salt and pepper, and toss until each piece is coated.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook plant-based crab cakes according to stovetop package directions. Set aside.
- For the Maple Dijon Dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the kale and drizzle with dressing to taste. Use your hands to gently massage the dressing into the kale leaves until somewhat softened and vibrant in color.
- To serve, divide kale between two bowls and add in generous amounts of the butternut squash, cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. Top with crab cakes. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.