For the fish-free tuna mixture
2 cups Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna, approximately 3 pouches
3 green onions, sliced thin
¾ cup plant-based mayo
2-3 tablespoons Ninja Squirrel brand sriracha
1 English cucumber, julienned thin
2 cups seasoned sushi rice (see TIP)
4 sheets toasted nori
1 green onion, sliced thin, for garnish
Handful of microgreens, for garnish
- Place the tuna and green onions into a medium-sized prep bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the plant-based mayo and sriracha.
- Add about half of the sriracha-mayo sauce to the tuna, folding in gently to combine. Taste and add more, if desired.
- Place one of the nori sheets, shiny side down, on a cutting board. Wet your hands with a little water to prevent sticking, then distribute ¼ of the cooled rice onto the nori sheet, leaving about ½-inch space at the top. Layer some of the sliced cucumber and ½ cup of the spicy tuna towards the bottom of the roll, then slowly and tightly roll it away from yourself.
- Place a little dab of water across the top of the nori sheet to create a seal and complete the roll.
- Cut the roll in half, then each half into 4 pieces to create 8 pieces total. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- To serve, garnish each piece with some of the reserved sriracha-mayo sauce, green onion and microgreens.
To make the seasoned sushi rice, rinse 1 cup of uncooked sushi rice in cold water several times, then drain. Transfer to a rice cooker and add 1 cup water. Once cooked, transfer to a large prep bowl. Using a wooden paddle, gently spread the grains to allow to slightly cool. Season with 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow the rice to come to room temperature before assembling your rolls.