Recipe courtesy of Maria / @foodbymaria
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions, generously salting water before adding pasta to pot. In the final minutes of cooking, add asparagus. Strain and pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low and add olive oil and butter. Cook for 30 seconds or until melted, then add the onions to the skillet. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add nutritional yeast, paprika, cinnamon, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste, stirring well to combine.
- Increase heat to high and stir in milk. Let come to a boil, then add plant-based tuna and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, stirring until ingredients are well combined and cheese is stringy. Pour sauce over pasta in baking dish and stir to coat. Top with bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve with garlic bread, if desired.