Recipe courtesy of Julianna / @juliannavezza
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant. Add carrots, celery and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to steam for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 ½ cups corn, broth and cashew milk. Bring to a low boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add half the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer soup back to saucepan and return to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes to let thicken.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil is hot, add plant-based crab cakes. Cook for about 6 minutes, turning halfway through. Set aside.
- To serve, add chowder to bowls and top with top crab cakes. Garnish with green onion and remaining fresh (or lightly sautéed) corn, plus salt and pepper to taste.