Serves 4 as an appetizer
For Cilantro Sour Cream
½ cup plant-based mayo
1½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon agave syrup, amber
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
For Stuffed Jalapeño
2 packages, 16 each Good Catch® Plant-Based Crab Cakes, thawed
8 each jalapeño peppers, medium sized
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
½ cup plant-based cheddar cheese
- For the cilantro sour cream, place the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Fold in cilantro and keep chilled.
- For the jalapeño peppers, first remove Good Catch® Plant-Based Crab Cakes from freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wearing food handling gloves, slice each jalapeño pepper in half and carefully scoop out the seeds and seed bed, discard.
- Brush a little extra-virgin olive oil all over and the inside the jalapeño peppers and season the inside with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Take each thawed Good Catch® Plant-Based Crab Cakes and place in one of the jalapeño pepper halves. Re-form so the mixture is spread uniformly.
- Place the stuffed jalapeño peppers on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the plant-based cheddar cheese, about 2 teaspoons each, and bake for another 10 minutes or until the plant-based cheese begins to melt.
- Serve 4 halves per portion with the cilantro sour cream.