Serves 4 as an Appetizer
16 each baby bella mushrooms, medium-sized
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
3 Cups tomato sauce, homemade or jarred
¼ Cup basil, fresh, leaves
½ Cup plant-based shredded parmesan cheese
1 package, 8 each Good Catch ® Plant-Based Crab Cakes, thawed
- Remove Good Catch® Plant-Based Crab Cakes from freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring tomato sauce to a simmer.
- For the baby bella mushrooms: remove the stems and brush off any excess dirt.
- Brush a little extra virgin olive oil all over and the inside the baby bella mushrooms and season the inside with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Take each Good Catch® Plant-Based Crab Cake and separate into two equal pieces. Place each ½ crab cake inside a mushroom and shape them on the outside so they are smooth.
- In a baking dish, large enough to hold the 16 mushrooms, place the hot tomato sauce in the bottom and then add the stuffed mushrooms.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and then aluminum foil and form a tight seal. Place in oven and bake/steam for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the parchment and foil (because there will be steam) add the parmesan cheese (about 1 tablespoon each) and then cook for another 10 minutes uncovered.
Serve 4 each as an appetizer and garnish with fresh basil and some of the tomato sauce.