Serves 4 as an appetizer
For Harissa Sauce
1 each, 6 oz can tomato paste
¼ cup canned chipotle adobo, with sauce
3 each garlic, fresh, cloves
1 teaspoon coriander seed, whole
½ teaspoon cumin seed, whole
½ teaspoon caraway seed, whole
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mint, fresh, minced
4 each (2 packages) Good Catch® Plant-Based Fish Burgers
8 each bamboo skewers
3 tablespoons olive oil
- For the harissa sauce, place the first 9 ingredients in a small food processor and process on high until the chipotle peppers break down completely, about 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in extra virgin olive oil and fresh mint. It’s okay to not have a completely homogeneous mixture: it will have lots of texture and an almost “broken” appearance.
- For the kebabs, remove Good Catch® Plant-Based Fish Burgers from the freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take each Good Catch® Plant-Based Fish Burger and split into two equal portions and re-form around the bamboo skewers. Each kebab should be roughly 3½ inches long by 2 inches wide by 1½ inches high and somewhat oval shaped.
- Bring a stove top cast-iron or non-stick griddle to medium heat. Place 1½ tablespoons of oil down and then place the kebabs on and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes. Repeat the same method for all remaining three sides, adding the rest of the oil halfway through.
Once the Kebabs are golden on all sides and cooked all the way through, they’re ready to eat. Serve 2 kebabs per portion along with harissa sauce and enjoy!