2 tablespoons vegan butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1½ cups yellow onion, medium dice
¼ cup fresh garlic, slivered
1½ cups short-grain Aborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons white pepper, ground
5 ½ cups cold filtered water
3 pouches Good Catch® Naked in Water Plant-Based Tuna
3 cups baby arugula
1 cup plant-based parmesan cheese, shredded, plus more for garnish
¼ cup lemon zest, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, under medium heat, prepare risotto by first sautéing the onions and garlic in the vegan butter and oil until translucent.
- Place the Aborio rice in the pot next and coat with the onions, garlic, oil and butter and “toast” for a minute or two, making sure to continue to stir so the rice does not stick.
- Deglaze the rice with the white wine and continue to stir and cook until the wine is fully absorbed. Add salt and pepper and continue to stir.
- Begin to add cold water to the rice in small increments and stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Do not add more water until the previous addition of water has been absorbed.
- Continue this process, always making sure to keep stirring, until all the water has been absorbed and you’ve achieved a creamy final product. The rice should remain fully formed, slightly al dente and suspended in the creamy, starchy liquid.
- Add the Good Catch Plant-Based Tuna and cook another minute or two to warm it through.
- Finally, add the arugula, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to wilt the arugula.
- Serve hot. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest, if desired.