2 cups seasoned sushi rice (see TIP)
2 pouches Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 mangos, ripe and cubed small
2 avocados, ripe and cubed small
3 green onions, sliced thin, for garnish
Tortilla or wonton chips, for serving
For Ponzu Sauce
½ cup soy sauce or tamari
¼ cup mirin
2 tablespoons sugar of choice, cane or agave syrup
½ cup orange juice
Juice from 2 lemons
1 piece of kombu
¾ cup plant-based mayo
2-3 tablespoons Ninja Squirrel Sriracha
- Once rice is cooked, use the TIP below to season it properly. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine the fish-free tuna, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds, and set aside.
- For the ponzu sauce: Add all ingredients to a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Allow to simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Remove the kombu, pour sauce into a small jar and allow to cool.
- For the sriracha mayo: In another small bowl, combine the plant-based mayo and sriracha, and stir well.
- To assemble the stack: For each plated dish, using a cylinder, layer in the following order pressing down as you go so layers are even — seasoned rice at the bottom, seasoned fish-free tuna, followed by the mango and finish with the avocado. Gently remove the cylinder and repeat for other plates.
- To finish each plate, sprinkle green onion over each stack and drizzle with ponzu and sriracha mayo.
TIP: To make the seasoned sushi rice, rinse 1 cup of uncooked sushi rice in cold water several times, then drain. Transfer to a rice cooker and add 1 cup water. Once cooked, transfer to a large prep bowl. Using a wooden paddle, gently spread the grains to allow to slightly cool. Season with 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow the rice to come to room temperature before assembling your rolls.