Recipe courtesy of Helen / @astepfullofyou
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add coconut oil and let melt. Add garlic, onion and salt and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, cumin, garam masala, coriander, turmeric and pepper flakes. Stir and allow a few seconds, until fragrant.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper and tomatoes. Stir cook for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in vegetable broth and lentils. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are softened.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook plant-based crab cakes according to package directions. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the lentils are cooked, stir in coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes. Portion into bowls and top with crab cakes.