1 pound linguini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
5 cloves garlic sliced very thin, or minced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 ½ cup slightly dry white wine
2 pouches Good Catch Tuna
2 cups vegetable stock, plus more if you want to stretch the sauce
3 tablespoons capers, drained
½ teaspoon chile flakes
2 teaspoonssea salt
Cracked black pepper
¼ cup vegan butter, Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter recommended
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Vegan parmesan, Follow Your Heart recommended, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
- Heat a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil, followed by the onions and sauté until translucent with a bit of color, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and stir well, continuing to sauté for 4-5 minutes until they begin to stick.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes to reduce the wine by over half.
- Add the fish-free tuna, vegetable stock, capers, chile flakes, salt and pepper. Lower the heat down to low to medium and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add more vegetable stock as needed if you want to stretch the sauce.
- Add the vegan butter, stirring gently and dispersing the butter as it melts.
- Add the cooked linguini and stir for 2 minutes, evenly distributing all ingredients on the pasta. Remove from heat and add the parsley, stir one more time.
- Serve a generous portion and garnish with parmesan
- Top with cooked mushrooms, broccolini or other veggies, if desired.