Recipe courtesy of Helen / @astepfullofyou
- Heat a paella pan (or large non-stick sauté pan) with 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add mushrooms and red bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, salt and pepper flakes. Add vegetable broth and rice. Stir well, cover pan and cook 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is softened.
- Meanwhile, heat another sauté pan over medium heat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cook plant-based fish cakes according to package directions, about 2 minutes per side or until lightly crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Halfway into cooking the paella rice, add lemon juice and saffron along with soaking water. Cover and continue cooking. If the rice is too dry, add a bit more water or broth.
- When rice is done, taste for seasoning. Add fish cakes and artichokes, stirring to distribute. Top with peas, lemon zest and rosemary.