Recipe courtesy of Helen / @stepfullofyou
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta into the pot and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and cook frozen crab cakes according to package directions until lightly crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cheese sauce by combining pumpkin purée, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, pumpkin pie spice, salt, coconut oil, and cornstarch in a blender and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender halfway through.
- Return the cooked and drained pasta to a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the pumpkin cheese sauce over the pasta and toss until combined and the sauce is warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To serve, top bowls of pasta with crab cakes and garnish with chopped herbs.