- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the insides with a melon baller to create a hollow.
- Season the inside of each potato with pepper and salt, and place them in a steamer basket. Steam them until just fork tender, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove and place on a plate to cool in the refrigerator.
- Whisk together the oil, turmeric, cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, pepper and salt and allow mixture to sit for a minute or two to allow the yellow color of the turmeric to blend into the oil and vinegar.
- Add crumbled tofu and lightly mash with the back of a fork to evenly distribute.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, chives, parsley, mustard and celery, and mix together well.
- Fold in plant-based tuna.
- Spoon ¼ cup salad mixture into the cavity of each potato and garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Served chilled.
The mixture also makes a great sandwich filling.