Recipe courtesy of Devorah / @theyummyvegan
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes, then rinse and set aside.
- Boil the potato, onion and garlic for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the cashews, potato, onion and garlic along with water, nutritional yeast, onion salt, umami flavoring and salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is blended until creamy, add in the mushrooms and milk and quickly pulse a few times to incorporate the mushrooms just to blend, leaving a few chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Boil the pasta according to package directions. In the last few minutes of cooking, add in the frozen broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, broccoli, ½ cup parmesan, plant-based tuna and sauce and mix well. Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter, 2 tablespoons parmesan and chopped parsley and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.